First of all, you need to know what success is for you; if you don’t know, how can you possibly create it? Success is different things for different people. In order to create success, you must first define it. Be very clear about what you want and don’t want for your business and life.
- Setting a goal creates excitement.
- Excitement produces momentum.
- Momentum produces change.
- Change leads to the success we are seeking.
Be an innovator, not an imitator. Don’t let your fear stand in the way of your potential to create, lead or innovate.
Do what most won’t. If you want to achieve what most people don’t, such as happiness or wealth, you need to do things differently. To achieve something exceptional, understand your strengths and work with them. For example, if you are not a finisher or closer, learn to finish or bring someone in with the expertise to do this for you.
Be adaptable. If you can adapt, change and be flexible when needed, you most likely will succeed.
Ten big steps to success
- Set goals and follow through on them – It is one thing to set a goal; it’s another thing to be disciplined enough to achieve it.
- Form valuable relationships – Find people that will help you achieve your dreams and goals.
- Be consistent. All successful people know this secret. For you to become truly excellent at whatever you do, you need to be consistent at it. Do what you love and love what you do.
- Take responsibility – Take responsibility and resolve to make a difference.
- Make the best of every situation – Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- Take risks – “Do one thing every day that scares you” said Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Invent yourself – To become successful in life, you need to find what you love doing and do it with all your heart. Study an hour a day. Learn something new every day.
- Make sacrifices – Think of Nelson Mandala, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Google them and see what they gave up to be where they are now. What will you sacrifice?
- Never ever give up – Donald Trump was previously indebted to the tune of $900 million. He became bankrupt. Then he borrowed more money and kept trying until he made it. Donald Trump is currently worth over $2.7 billion and is now the President of the United States of America never give up on your dreams.
- Create value – You have been made to solve a particular problem. Solve that problem and success will be yours. Add value at every turn.
About Catherine Molloy
Catherine Molloy is an International Keynote Speaker & Communication Expert / Author of the Million Dollar Handshake / Owner of Auspac Business Advantage Pty Ltd. / Winner of Stevie Awards for Leadership and Sales / Asia Pacific Stevie Awards for the Conscious Connection Framework / Awarded the Australian Institute of Management Excellence Awards for owner, Manager of the Year, and has over 25 years expertise in the delivery of education training in the field of Body Language, Leadership, Sales, Service and Communication training.