“Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it”
- The boss drives his people; the leader supervises them
- The boss depends on authority; the leader on good will
- The boss inspires fear; the leader inspires enthusiasm
- The boss says “I”; the leader says “we”
- The boss lays blame for the breakdown; the leader fixes the breakdown
- The boss knows how it is done; the leader shows how it’s done
- The boss says go; the leader says lets go
What is your leadership style and is it working for your business? Creating a harmonic work place isn’t always easy but it does start with you.
Do you and your staff practice these leadership styles, as at different times each style can be just as important? Knowing when and how to implement these styles is very crucial to your business and in house training of staff.
It has been proven when people work together they are happier and more productive.
They will be proud of their achievements and it gives everyone the opportunity to share their ideas.
If you set S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time sensitive) goals your team will achieve them.
THE BEST EXECUTIVE IS THE ONE WHO HAS SENSE ENOUGH TO PICK GOOD MEN TO DO WHAT HE WANTS DONE, AND SELF-RESTRAINT TO KEEP FROM MEDDLING WITH THEM WHILE THEY DO IT.
10 Essential Leadership Skills
- Lead by example – walk the talk
- Be passionate – you need to believe in what you are doing
- Be organised – create better creativity
- Delegate – give your employees ownership of their work
- Communicate effectively – get to the point and give praise when its due
- Be brave and honest – don’t shy away from problems, tackle them head on
- Take ownership and responsibility – take responsibility for the big picture
- Listen well – the more you listen the more effective the team will be
- Know your people – find out what drives them
- Be a follower – if you lead without following you’re a dictator
If you would like to know more about how to create a great team environment, or better yet, let your team immerse themselves in some team fun and self-leadership then please contact me or my team for expert advice and help in choosing the correct pathway for your business needs.
About Catherine Molloy
Catherine Molloy is an International Keynote Speaker & Communication Expert / Author of the Million Dollar Handshake / Owner of Auspac Business Advantage Pty Ltd. / Winner of Stevie Awards for Leadership and Sales / Awarded the Australian Institute of Management Excellence Awards for Owner, Manager of the Year and has over 25 years expertise in the delivery of education training in the field of Body Language, Leadership, Sales, Service and Communication training.